- A lizard that is typically green with (especially in the male) a blue throat, native to Europe and southwestern Asia.
More example sentences
- Lacerta viridis, family Lacertidae
- On the basis of the known distribution of green lizards and types of habitat in the case of the finds to date, the possible contact areas between the two taxa are considered.
- He was apparently quite confident that the lizards he saw in Devon were exactly the same as the green lizards of Guernsey.
More definitions of green lizardDefinition of green lizard in:
- The British & World English dictionary