Definition of green turtle in English:
A sea turtle with an olive-brown shell, often living close to the coast and extensively hunted for food.
- Chelonia mydas, family Cheloniidae
- Beaches in sections of Florida's highly developed coastline are nesting ground for rare loggerhead, leatherback and green turtles.
- Eight of the 10 beaches are used by hawksbill turtles and one by green turtles.
- Unlike many other species of turtles, green turtles are unable to retract their head into their shell.
Definition of green turtle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan