- Crystalline ferrous sulfate.More example sentences
- The acids are extracted from the partially decomposed bark and, after drying for storage, are freshly mixed for use with wine and green vitriol.
- When the production of green vitriol was no longer convenient, the factory was closed and in 1872 demolished.
- ‘The source of the iron in medieval inks is green vitriol, an iron sulfate,’ Olin continues.
More definitions of green vitriolDefinition of green vitriol in:
- The British & World English dictionary