Definition of green woodpecker in English:
A large green and yellow woodpecker with a red crown and a laughing call, found from Europe to central Asia.
- Picus viridis, family Picidae
- There was also lots of other great wildlife to see in the area around Malham Cove including nesting little owls, green woodpeckers and redstarts.
- They are organising a project to monitor the green woodpeckers in the National Park - there has recently been a decline in their numbers and the park authority would like see how many there are left.
- The dawn chorus is a medley of warblers and shrikes, and, always from the same tree, the klu-klu-klu of a green woodpecker.
Definition of green woodpecker in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan