nounUS • informal
- 1A dollar bill; a dollar: the beer she purchased with our last greenbackMore example sentences
- What's more, risk-averse investors in the U.S. Treasury market are more prone to hedge their exposure to the dollar by selling greenbacks.
- As the currency started to slip in May, companies with future-debt obligations denominated in dollars rushed to buy greenbacks.
- The Australian dollar rose against the greenback for the 13th straight week.
- 2An animal with a green back, especially a race of the cutthroat trout found only in Colorado.More example sentences
- Already, 23 self-sustaining populations of greenback cutthroat trout have been recovered and the species has been reclassified to the less critical category of threatened.
More definitions of greenbackDefinition of greenback in:
- The British & World English dictionary