- Relating to or denoting previously undeveloped sites for commercial development or exploitation. Compare with brownfield.More example sentences
- He said revised planning policy guidance strengthened Government policy in favour of building on previously developed sites before greenfield sites.
- It is thought it may recommend tax credits for developers who build on brownfield sites, and possibly development taxes on developers who hold idle greenfield sites.
- A government source pointed out that, as it is a greenfield site ‘the developers have an almost blank canvas on which to design’.
More definitions of greenfieldDefinition of greenfield in:
- The British & World English dictionary