Definition of greenfinch in English:
A Eurasian finch with green and yellow plumage.
- Genus Carduelis, family Fringillidae: three species, in particular the common C. chloris of Europe and the Middle East
- Birds will be roosting in your Leylandii hedge - especially greenfinches which prefer to roost in conifer.
- The numbers of greenfinches have increased over the years, but so have the primroses!
- In the mid 1960s deaths from salmonellosis were reported in greenfinches and house sparrows feeding at bird tables in gardens.
Definition of greenfinch in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia