Definition of greenfly in English:
noun (plural same or greenflies)
A green aphid that is a common pest of crops and garden plants.
- Several species in the family Aphididae
- Natural enemies of greenflies are ladybird larvae, hoverfly larvae, gall-fly larvae, lacewings and earwigs.
- For safe and effective control of greenfly a range of products can be used.
- Ladybirds are well known predators of greenflies and other aphids.
Words that rhyme with greenflybacilli • multiply • styli
Definition of greenfly in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan