Definition of greenfly in English:
noun (plural same or greenflies)
A green aphid that is a common pest of crops and garden plants.
- Several species in the family Aphididae
- Natural enemies of greenflies are ladybird larvae, hoverfly larvae, gall-fly larvae, lacewings and earwigs.
- For safe and effective control of greenfly a range of products can be used.
- Ladybirds are well known predators of greenflies and other aphids.
Definition of greenfly in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.