(also greenhead fly)
Definition of greenhead in English:
A biting horsefly with green eyes.
- Genus Chrysops, family Tabanidae
- He guessed deerflies and greenheads would appear earlier than normal, unless the weather changes.
- If there are more greenheads and deer flies this year, Donahue said there aren't any obvious reasons why.
- The greenhead fly has made golfer's lives a misery at the Seaview Marriott Resort in New Jersey all week.
Definition of greenhead in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan