(also greenhead fly)
Definition of greenhead in English:
A biting horsefly with green eyes.
- Genus Chrysops, family Tabanidae
- He guessed deerflies and greenheads would appear earlier than normal, unless the weather changes.
- If there are more greenheads and deer flies this year, Donahue said there aren't any obvious reasons why.
- The greenhead fly has made golfer's lives a misery at the Seaview Marriott Resort in New Jersey all week.
Words that rhyme with greenheadbeachhead • meathead
Definition of greenhead in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.