Definition of Greenland halibut in English:
An edible halibut with a black or dark brown upper side that is found in cold, deep waters of the north.
- Reinhardtius hippoglossoides, family Pleuronectidae
- Common fish species in the area include atlantic tomcod, mummichog, redfish, herring, silver hake, Greenland halibut, and the dangerously overfished northern cod.
- Atlantic halibut is larger than Greenland halibut and can attain a maximum size of 2.5m and live for up to 50 years.
- Throughout a packed week of events, the Humber Seafood Group is also promoting red fish, whiting, and Greenland halibut.
Definition of Greenland halibut in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.