- A fracture of the bone, occurring typically in children, in which one side of the bone is broken and the other only bent.More example sentences
- For example, never dismiss a greenstick fracture as a simple fracture - inspect the x ray for tiny shards of bone.
- Young bone, subjected to bending stress, often fractures on one side but bends on the other, and is known as a greenstick fracture.
- Of these, greenstick fractures are the most frequent and are usually asymptomatic.
More definitions of greenstick fractureDefinition of greenstick fracture in:
- The British & World English dictionary