noun• archaic or • literary
- Grass-covered ground.More example sentences
- A lovely vale of greensward called Princes Street Gardens separates the two towns, and several bridges span the shallow valley.
- While some may chose to spend that season lazing beside rivers and quaffing champagne, the more discerning amongst us elect for the greensward and the thrill of clattering wickets.
- Down below, the hotel grounds feature a pair of tennis courts and some of the loveliest greenswards and gardens in the country.
More definitions of greenswardDefinition of greensward in:
- The British & World English dictionary