- A strip of undeveloped land near an urban area, set aside for recreational use or environmental protection.More example sentences
- The greenway will link urban and rural lands along I - 90 from Seattle up and over the Cascade Mountains.
- A well-used network of paths and greenways, many right along the shoreline, continues to expand, and 486 restaurants within city limits feed the oft repeated rumor that only San Francisco can claim more per capita.
- If the whole network is connected, there will be off-road trails and greenways from coast to coast.
More definitions of greenwayDefinition of greenway in:
- The British & World English dictionary