- A Unix command used to search files for the occurrence of a string of characters that matches a specified pattern.More example sentences
- This utility will search through your mail log file using grep and display important statistics gleaned from that file: largest messages, source of most messages, etc.
- I am obviously not the only person who has ever reverted to grep and find after failing to remember where a particular file is stored on a web site.
- In fact, it works a lot like grep: if you give a snippet of your e-mail address or some other text as your key identifier, gpg will match the first key whose user ID contains the string.
verb (greps, grepping, grepped)[with object] Back to top
- Search for (a string of characters) using grep.More example sentences
- It's not too hard to grep the logs for ‘error’ or ‘warning’ and include that in the email, too.
- With tvguide, I can grab what's on the site quickly, grep it and tune in something interesting on my TV card.
- This is so derivative, but I want these links here when I grep my archives.
from the initial letters of global(ly) search regular expression print.