Definition of grevillea in English:
An evergreen tree or shrub bearing conspicuous flowers that lack petals, most kinds of which are native to Australia.
- Genus Grevillea, family Proteaceae
- Acacias, grevilleas and melaleucas need careful annual pruning to keep them busy and attractive and should be replaced when they are no longer so.
- Native plants with needle-like leaves or those with a small surface area such as many callistemons, grevilleas and hakeas are also reliable in heat.
- It grows to over 1.5m but should, like all grevilleas, be pruned back to prevent it from becoming straggly.
modern Latin, named after Charles F. Greville (1749–1809), Scottish horticulturalist.
Definition of grevillea in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan