An evergreen tree or shrub bearing conspicuous flowers that lack petals, most kinds of which are native to Australia.
- Genus Grevillea, family Proteaceae
More example sentences
- Acacias, grevilleas and melaleucas need careful annual pruning to keep them busy and attractive and should be replaced when they are no longer so.
- Native plants with needle-like leaves or those with a small surface area such as many callistemons, grevilleas and hakeas are also reliable in heat.
- It grows to over 1.5m but should, like all grevilleas, be pruned back to prevent it from becoming straggly.
modern Latin, named after Charles F. Greville (1749–1809), Scottish horticulturalist.
Definition of grevillea in:
- The British & World English dictionary