Entry from British & World English dictionary
Definition of gricer in English:
- I even took time out from my normal journalistic duties to spend a week with the gricers at a national festival of steam.
- Olaf Güttler was in Cambodia in 1991 and was probably the last gricer to see real steam at work here.
- I always try and find a remote location, no other gricers to worry about and no public either.
- Example sentences
- Main stream gricing it most definitely is not, but we are all allowed our little fetishes, aren't we?
- It has taken a little while but last weekend was spent gricing in Beijing, a contrast between the ancient and modern.
- We had a taxi driver new to gricing but took to it well, cooperative, safe driver but can move quickly when needed, fair price, nice man all around.
1960s: origin uncertain; perhaps a humorous representation of an upper-class pronunciation of grouser 'grouse-shooter'.
Words that rhyme with gricerde-icer, dicer, enticer, paise, pricer, ricer, slicer, splicer
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.