- Continue for a long time in a wearying or tedious way: the rail talks grind onMore example sentences
- His troubles began in February 2000 but the case against him continues to grind on.
- If the economy does not get going soon and if the guerrilla war grinds on then the tide could easily turn.
- He must have been suffering agonies of worry as the weeks grind on and foot and mouth continues to ravage the land.
More definitions of grind onDefinition of grind on in:
- The British & World English dictionary