Definition of grinder in English:
1A machine used for grinding something: a coffee grinder
More example sentences
- Hand grinders or spice mills range from $15 to $60 and can be purchased at most culinary stores.
- The company recently unveiled a state-of-the-art assembly plant in which to assemble stainless steel pumps, grinders and other major equipment.
- Tip them into an electric grinder - or use a mortar and pestle - and grind until coarse.
1.1A person employed to grind cutlery, tools, or cereals.
- But one day on the job as a tool grinder in January 1993 he suffered an aneurysm.
- The craft based nature of this industry, which relied upon quasi-autonomous cutlers and grinders to complete ‘put-out’ work, is reflected in the often humble physical form of the buildings that were used.
- He now considered more complex systems and employed Christopher Tooke as a lens grinder from early 1605.
3US informal another term for submarine sandwich.
- Is it a sub, a hero, a hoagie, a grinder, a foot-long or a po'boy?
- A huge, mouthwatering grinder stared back at me, adorned with lettuce and tomato and pickles and everything else I loved.
- Choose from one of our delicious grinder sandwiches.
Words that rhyme with grinderbinder, blinder, finder, kinda, minder, ringbinder, winder
Definition of grinder in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.