Definition of gripping in English:
Firmly holding the attention or interest; exciting: a gripping TV thriller
More example sentences
- Els was left with a four foot uphill putt, which he made to complete a gripping finale.
- The story of every convert to Judaism is a gripping tale of spiritual discovery.
- The superb single-player option is supplemented by a gripping two-player versus mode.
- Example sentences
- The fiercely clever and passionate Syracuse University student's rite of passage into adulthood is grippingly told as she battles to join the sisterhood that eventually cruelly rejects her.
- And when that hijack scene finally arrives, it really is terrific - a grippingly tense ordeal that unlocks a lot of pent-up energy in the movie itself.
- Because this play focuses on everyone's relationship with God, human foibles aren't as grippingly dramatized as they might be.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.