- Firmly holding the attention or interest; exciting: a gripping TV thrillerMore example sentences
- Els was left with a four foot uphill putt, which he made to complete a gripping finale.
- The story of every convert to Judaism is a gripping tale of spiritual discovery.
- The superb single-player option is supplemented by a gripping two-player versus mode.
- More example sentences
- The fiercely clever and passionate Syracuse University student's rite of passage into adulthood is grippingly told as she battles to join the sisterhood that eventually cruelly rejects her.
- And when that hijack scene finally arrives, it really is terrific - a grippingly tense ordeal that unlocks a lot of pent-up energy in the movie itself.
- Because this play focuses on everyone's relationship with God, human foibles aren't as grippingly dramatized as they might be.