- (Of a wheel or shoe) able to grip a surface well: grippy, quiet tiresMore example sentences
- If it's dry you can do this route without gear, otherwise wear grippy footwear.
- The tyres are very grippy when they're worn in a little, so it's nice to know you can slam the brakes on if you get the car totally out of shape and headed towards a gutter.
- Water shoes, on the other hand, may not look sporty, but they're eminently sport-worthy, with features like grippy, sensitive soles, lacing systems for rough water, and exit valves for quick drying.
More definitions of grippyDefinition of grippy in:
- The British & World English dictionary