A common weed of the parsley family, native to Europe, with leaves that resemble those of the elder and spreading, underground stems.
- Aegopodium podagraria, family Umbelliferae: a variegated cultivar is sometimes grown as ground cover
More example sentences
- Having said that, be assured that late summer is ideal for tackling the growth of difficult weeds such as ground elder, brambles, bindweed and Japanese knotweed.
- Don't add tough perennial weeds such as ground elder, thistles and nettles as their roots are likely to survive and will spread with your compost.
- Do not put in perennial weeds such as dock or ground elder and shake off as much soil as possible from the other weeds.
Definition of ground elder in:
- The British & World English dictionary