Definition of ground elder in English:
A common weed of the parsley family, native to Europe, with leaves that resemble those of the elder and spreading, underground stems.
- Aegopodium podagraria, family Umbelliferae: a variegated cultivar is sometimes grown as ground cover
- Having said that, be assured that late summer is ideal for tackling the growth of difficult weeds such as ground elder, brambles, bindweed and Japanese knotweed.
- Don't add tough perennial weeds such as ground elder, thistles and nettles as their roots are likely to survive and will spread with your compost.
- Do not put in perennial weeds such as dock or ground elder and shake off as much soil as possible from the other weeds.
Definition of ground elder in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia