A creeping plant of the mint family, with bluish-purple flowers. Native to Europe, it has become established in eastern North America. Also called gill-over-the-ground, creeping Charlie.
- Glechoma hederacea, family Labiatae
More example sentences
- On the opposite extreme, shallow-rooted groundcover weeds such as ground ivy and chickweed help prevent erosion and prevent soil crusting when dry.
- While studies show that it is very effective against hard to kill broadleaf weeds like ground ivy, white clover and spurge, the company is still testing the product's safety on bentgrass greens.
- I may not be Michelle Pfeiffer, Julia Roberts or Rachel Weisz - but I doubt if any of them are much good at dealing with the septic tank or wrestling the ground ivy.
Definition of ground ivy in:
- The British & World English dictionary