Definition of groupie in English:
1A person, especially a young woman, who regularly follows a pop music group or other celebrity in the hope of meeting or getting to know them.
- That's where groupies and the sexual charge from performance come in handy.
- And the wives know this, the wives know that there is a kind of female competition, the wives versus many other women, groupies included.
- And much to my horror he and the guys have a ton of young groupies so it's not like they're these tragic old dudes trying to recapture their youth.
1.1 [with modifier] often derogatory An enthusiastic or uncritical follower: the contemporary art groupie
More example sentences
- Trust me, that's what some of the most passionate collectors are, art groupies.
- One book groupie felt it was using the New Testament as its main point of reference - I thought it was incredibly sad and a scary vision of how society could become.
- If you are a plane-spotter or air force groupie, you will love staying a mere five minutes from RAF Kinloss, where you can see the planes taking off.
Definition of groupie in:
- British & World English dictionary