- A substance, such as a vitamin or hormone, that is required for the stimulation of growth in living cells.More example sentences
- A specific growth factor for liver cells is thought to stimulate their vigorous proliferation.
- Studies of cell cultures show that growth factors are essential for cells to multiply, with the particular growth factor or factors required depending on the cell type.
- The researchers found that when monocytes were exposed to a growth factor, they created a set of pluripotent stem cells.
More definitions of growth factorDefinition of growth factor in:
- The British & World English dictionary