- A compound that occurs in guano and fish scales, and is one of the four constituent bases of nucleic acids. A purine derivative, it is paired with cytosine in double-stranded DNA.
More example sentences
- Alternative name: 6-oxy-2-aminopurine; chemical formula: C5H5N5O
- There are four DNA bases: adenine, cytosine, guanine, and thymine (A, C, G, and T).
- The film's name comes from the initials of the four DNA bases of our genetic code: guanine, adenine, cytosine and thymine.
- The four become cytosine, guanine, adenine, and thymine, and the quantum forces that maintained the rest of universe sit on the sidelines while life take center stage.
More definitions of guanineDefinition of guanine in:
- The British & World English dictionary