Definition of guanine in English:
A compound that occurs in guano and fish scales, and is one of the four constituent bases of nucleic acids. A purine derivative, it is paired with cytosine in double-stranded DNA.
- Alternative name: 6-oxy-2-aminopurine; chemical formula: C5H5N5O
- There are four DNA bases: adenine, cytosine, guanine, and thymine (A, C, G, and T).
- The film's name comes from the initials of the four DNA bases of our genetic code: guanine, adenine, cytosine and thymine.
- The four become cytosine, guanine, adenine, and thymine, and the quantum forces that maintained the rest of universe sit on the sidelines while life take center stage.
Definition of guanine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.