Definition of guava in English:
1An edible pale orange tropical fruit with pink, juicy flesh and a strong, sweet aroma.
- Fruits like oranges, guavas, pawpaws and others will be grown.
- The fruits used were kumquat, orange, lemon, and guava; all fruits were uninfested and thoroughly washed and dried before an experiment.
- I watched him this morning juicing a grapefruit, guava, blood orange, mango, plums, and grapes and pouring the elixir into a giant glass pitcher.
2The small tropical American tree that bears the guava.
- Genus Psidium, family Myrtaceae: several species, in particular P. guajava
- Carefully planted in extremely diverse sections, there were formal gardens, as well as fruit groves of mangoes, guavas and citrus trees.
- Many southern gardens don't have tulips, forsythia or daffodils, but instead have guava, pineapple and amaryllis.
- Among the invasive species found here and there are Brazilian peppertree, guava, laurel fig, melaleuca, Old World climbing fern, and strangler fig.
Definition of guava in:
- British & World English dictionary