Definition of guenon in English:
An African monkey found mainly in forests, with a long tail and typically a brightly colored coat. The male is much larger than the female.
- Genus Cercopithecus, family Cercopithecidae: several species, including the vervet, mona, and Diana monkeys
- Putty-nosed monkeys belong to a group of African monkeys called guenons.
- We focused on the vocal behavior of the adult male because other studies have shown that adult male guenons produce predator-specific alarm calls in response to eagles and leopards.
- Two indels were present in exons: a five amino acid deletion in exon 9 was present in humans and apes, and a single amino acid deletion in exon 14 occurred in cercopithecine Old World monkeys (macaque and guenon).
Mid 19th century: from French, of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with guenonaide-de-camp, aides-de-camp, anon, Asunción, au courant, begone, Bonn, bon vivant, Caen, Canton, Carcassonne, Ceylon, chaconne, chateaubriand, ci-devant, Colón, colon, Concepción, con (US conn), cretonne, don, Duchamp, Evonne, foregone, fromage blanc, Gabon, Garonne, gone, hereupon, Inchon, Jean, john, Jon, Le Mans, León, Luzon, Mont Blanc, Narbonne, odds-on, on, outgone, outshone, Perón, phon, piñon, Pinot Blanc, plafond, Ramón, Saigon, Saint-Saëns, Sand, Schwann, scone, shone, side-on, sine qua non, Sorbonne, spot-on, swan, thereon, thereupon, ton, Toulon, undergone, upon, Villon, wan, whereon, whereupon, won, wonton, yon, Yvonne
Definition of guenon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.