1A private house offering accommodations to paying guests.
- Not only that, but they also paid my accommodation at the guest house where I had to stay until the work had been done.
- Whether you want to stay in a guest house, self catering chalet or hotel they can sort it for you.
- I was summoned to the bungalow below the guest house for drinks, by the owner's father-in-law, Captain Matthieu.
1.1A small, separate house on the grounds of a larger one, used for accommodating guests.
- Accessed via electronic entrance gates and a driveway, the landscaped grounds include a two-bed guest house.
- Rich families may have a separate guest house, but Afghans do not like to sleep alone and generally do not provide guests with separate rooms.
- It was a little bit of a walk from the guest house to the main house, but that just showed how big the place was.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: guest house
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.