Definition of guest house in English:
1A private house offering accommodations to paying guests.
- Not only that, but they also paid my accommodation at the guest house where I had to stay until the work had been done.
- Whether you want to stay in a guest house, self catering chalet or hotel they can sort it for you.
- I was summoned to the bungalow below the guest house for drinks, by the owner's father-in-law, Captain Matthieu.
1.1A small, separate house on the grounds of a larger one, used for accommodating guests.
- Accessed via electronic entrance gates and a driveway, the landscaped grounds include a two-bed guest house.
- Rich families may have a separate guest house, but Afghans do not like to sleep alone and generally do not provide guests with separate rooms.
- It was a little bit of a walk from the guest house to the main house, but that just showed how big the place was.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.