- An herbal preparation made from the sticky gum of various myrrh trees that has been alleged to aid in lowering serum cholesterol.
More example sentences
- The trees providing the main source are Commiphora mukul and Commiphora wightii, family Burseraceae
- A number of studies have substantiated the cholesterol lowering properties of guggul and its ability to raise metabolism by activating sluggish thyroid function.
- I would like to start taking guggul to lower cholesterol, but I saw on your Web site that it might lower the effectiveness of certain prescription medications.
- The Ayurvedic medicine guggul actually does lower cholesterol, and there are studies to show how.