(also gulper eel)
Definition of gulper in English:
A deep-sea eel with very large jaws that open to give an enormous gape and with eyes near the tip of the snout.
- Order Saccopharyngiformes: several families
- A hairy angler the size of my fist starts worrying at the meat of my calf and I can sense a giant gulper eel on its way over for a taste of delicious old me.
- Nearly all mouth and tail, the gulper eel also scavenges in the depths.
- Their names say everything - dragon fish, devilfish, viper fish, gulper eels, blacktail netdevils, ghost sharks.
Words that rhyme with gulperkalpa, pulper
Definition of gulper in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia