(also gulper eel)
A deep-sea eel with very large jaws that open to give an enormous gape and with eyes near the tip of the snout.
- Order Saccopharyngiformes: several families
More example sentences
- A hairy angler the size of my fist starts worrying at the meat of my calf and I can sense a giant gulper eel on its way over for a taste of delicious old me.
- Nearly all mouth and tail, the gulper eel also scavenges in the depths.
- Their names say everything - dragon fish, devilfish, viper fish, gulper eels, blacktail netdevils, ghost sharks.
Definition of gulper in:
- The British & World English dictionary