- A small, fast ship mounting guns, for use in shallow coastal waters and rivers.More example sentences
- These colonial naval forces consisted in the main of torpedo boats, gunboats and other small craft.
- He confirmed that Royal Navy gunboats will patrol British waters on the hunt for illegal refugees and asylum seekers.
- The Polish Navy consisted of four destroyers, five submarines, two gunboats, a mine-layer and six mine sweepers - which meant that any German attack from the sea could not be repulsed.
More definitions of gunboatDefinition of gunboat in:
- The British & World English dictionary