Definition of gunfight in English:
A fight involving an exchange of fire with guns.
- During the gunfight a fire broke out which immediately engulfed the neighboring houses.
- During a pitched gunfight in a hotel, he shoots one opponent, walks past him, pauses and shoots again at point-blank range.
- The final gunfight is delightful, though, literally a gun fight.
- Example sentences
- While all gunfighters certainly were not bandits, and all bandits likewise were not gunfighters, there is no question that Jesse James belonged to both categories.
- All the people of the North West Frontier are gunfighters.
- But it really becomes a contest between gunfighters.
Definition of gunfight in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan