A fight involving an exchange of fire with guns.
- During the gunfight a fire broke out which immediately engulfed the neighboring houses.
- During a pitched gunfight in a hotel, he shoots one opponent, walks past him, pauses and shoots again at point-blank range.
- The final gunfight is delightful, though, literally a gun fight.
- Example sentences
- While all gunfighters certainly were not bandits, and all bandits likewise were not gunfighters, there is no question that Jesse James belonged to both categories.
- All the people of the North West Frontier are gunfighters.
- But it really becomes a contest between gunfighters.
Definition of gunfight in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.