- Unthinkingly enthusiastic and eager, especially about taking part in fighting or warfare: the gung-ho soldier who wants all the big military toysMore example sentences
- My favourite piece was a tableau vivant of gung-ho garden gnomes fighting a bloody skirmish, armed to the teeth with power tools.
- How enthusiastic or gung-ho was he on the decision that the team was coming over here exclusively?
- They are part mercenary and moral crusader, half gung-ho crazies and concerned artists.
World War II: from Chinese gōnghé, taken to mean 'work together' and adopted as a slogan by US Marines.
More definitions of gung-hoDefinition of gung-ho in:
- The British & World English dictionary