Definition of gunslinger in English:
A man who carries a gun and shoots well.
- Winner's ‘ordinary’ American was going to be someone whom the audience already knew as a gunslinger and hit man.
- The Western provides Americans with comforting images of resolute pioneers and lone gunslingers.
- Outlaw, their fourth album, sets out to romanticise Britain's famed criminals in the same way that American country music celebrates its history of gunslingers and gamblers.
- Example sentences
- There's a difference in the having the right to express yourself and in engaging in violence and using the violence to hype record sales, and then polluting young Americans that this is the key to success, by gunslinging and shooting.
- This is a nation of laws, not Hollywood-style gunslinging, and the governor risks committing a heinous crime against humanity with such endorsements.
- And the reason he's talking about cowpokes is because his latest US movie juxtaposes the martial arts of the Far East with the gunslinging of the Wild West.
Definition of gunslinger in:
- British & World English dictionary