1An oil well from which oil flows profusely without being pumped.
- If only a brace of gushers were to be discovered.
- A weighting agent adds body to petroleum and prevents the formation of gushers.
- But in 1959-some thirty years after a Soviet scientist had forecast the presence of vast oil deposits in the forested swamps of West Siberia - a gusher was struck.
2An effusive person: the earnest, ingratiating gusher of numerous television interviews
More example sentences
- Walter drips rancid elegance as the hostess from hell, and there is lively support from Penny Downie as an unquenchable gusher.
- It's nice to be able to sincerely gush, surrounded by other sincere gushers, about love and friendship and a sacred relationship, and know that you are in an irony free zone.
- I have seen Episode 20 now and I agree with the gushers above.
Words that rhyme with gusherblusher, crusher, flusher, Prussia, rusher, Russia, usher
Definition of gusher in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.