- A day event comprising races and other competitions between horse riders or car drivers.More example sentences
- Mr Stephens said the money would also be used to provide new outreach services to isolated station people and community events such as local race meetings, gymkhanas and festivals.
- Used mainly as cavalry horses, the walers also excelled as mounts at polo, race meetings, and gymkhanas.
- Visitors were supplemented by a busy calendar of social events that tied together a community of settlements in gymkhanas, cricket fixtures and golf tournaments (on a dirt course).
mid 19th century: from Urdu gendḵānah 'racket court', from Hindi geṁd 'ball' + Persian ḵānah 'house', altered by association with gymnastic.
More definitions of gymkhanaDefinition of gymkhana in:
- The British & World English dictionary