Definition of haberdashery in English:
noun (plural haberdasheries)
1North American The goods and wares sold by a haberdasher.
- As part of this refit, the company also scaled back floor space for textiles, dress fabrics, haberdashery and knitting yarns.
- To the democratic reader committed to affording all beliefs equal status, belief is a sort of style, like haberdashery, taken on and put away at will.
- Like Dr. Grant, however, the meticulous doctor found no pleasure in soiling his fancy haberdashery during a leisurely round of golf.
1.1The shop of a haberdasher.
- Soon, Hollywood's fine haberdasheries were replaced by pizza joints, T-shirt shops, and pornographic bookstores.
- There are 14 departments with escalators and elevators ‘going up’ to haberdashery and food and down to furniture and china.
- The three of us trooped off together to get outfitted at a mid-town haberdashery.
Definition of haberdashery in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.