- 1Done or doing constantly or as a habit: a habitual late sleeper this pattern of behavior can become habitualMore example sentences
- Side by side, the police stations have been asked to engage one constable each for every habitual offender and submit a report at the end of the month.
- The patients, all of whom were habitual heroin users, were aware of an abnormal local reaction from the time of the suspect injection.
- It is an 8-week lifestyle program designed to incrementally elicit and sustain habitual physical activity behaviors in previously sedentary people.
- 1.1Regular; usual: his habitual dressMore example sentences
- The regulars, sipping their habitual drinks and talking less earnestly, knew the importance of restraint.
- The every day refers what is normal, customary and habitual involved in our day-to-day existence coping.
- I said as I dressed in my habitual form-fitting black leather.
- More example sentences
- You probably get a bigger effect if you're habitually overdrawn.
- The overall market growth is habitually capped simply because the population is not growing.
- Second, that a twisted psychology habitually re-casts heroes as villains.
late Middle English (in the sense 'part of one's character'): from medieval Latin habitualis, from habitus 'condition, appearance' (see habit).