- A bridle without a bit, operating by exerting pressure on the horse’s nose.More example sentences
- When we tried her out she was riding with a hackamore.
- Much of the program is taught to the human and the horse using a rope halter and rope hackamore.
- The no bit bridle from the equestrian company, is not hackamore based.
mid 19th century: perhaps from Spanish jaquima, earlier xaquima 'halter'.
More definitions of hackamoreDefinition of hackamore in:
- The British & World English dictionary