1A person who uses computers to gain unauthorized access to data.
- If you're accessing the Internet without properly securing your computer, hackers can gain illegal access to your files-often without your knowledge.
- The worm opens a backdoor onto infected computers which allows hackers to gain access.
- If run, a remote access component allows hackers to gain remote access to infected computers.
1.1 informal An enthusiastic and skillful computer programmer or user.
- While some home users, hackers and hobbyists have switched to Linux or other Open Source software, businesses seem to have been more cautious.
- The program is innovative, clever, a pleasure to work with and one of the rare open-source projects designed with end users, not just hackers, in mind.
- Although the software is generally excellent, it requires an experienced UNIX / web/database hacker to use and modify it.
Words that rhyme with hackeralpaca, attacker, backer, clacker, claqueur, Dhaka, Hakka, lacquer, maraca, paca, packer, sifaka, slacker, smacker, stacker, tacker, tracker, whacker, yakka
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.