- A saw with a narrow fine-toothed blade set in a frame, used especially for cutting metal.More example sentences
- A hacksaw or metal cutting bandsaw is the tool to use here.
- Slide the vinyl seal out of the carrier before you cut the carrier with a fine-tooth hacksaw blade.
- The exception would be the use of a hacksaw with a fine toothed blade to cut it to length and a metal file to smooth out the roughness.
verb (past participle hacksawn or hacksawed)[with object] Back to top
- Cut (something) using a hacksaw.More example sentences
- Having hacksawed the cross members off we had easy access and a clear exit route.
- Today we'll learn how to hacksaw walnuts into decorative napkin rings.
- Heck, I've even had mates hacksaw the locks off their bikes without anyone calling them on it.
More definitions of hacksawDefinition of hacksaw in:
- The British & World English dictionary