Definition of haddock in English:
noun (plural same)
A silvery-gray bottom-dwelling fish of North Atlantic coastal waters, related to the cod. It is popular as a food fish and is of great commercial value.
- Melanogrammus aeglefinus, family Gadidae
- But if you can't find the best cod, then use chunky hake, haddock or sea bass fillets instead.
- Remove the skin from the smoked haddock and place the fish in a lightly buttered baking dish.
- My huge bowl contained large, moist chunks of tangy smoked haddock and other white fish in a delicious creamy sauce.
Words that rhyme with haddockCaradoc, paddock, shaddock
Definition of haddock in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan