Definition of haddock in English:
noun (plural same)
A silvery-gray bottom-dwelling fish of North Atlantic coastal waters, related to the cod. It is popular as a food fish and is of great commercial value.
- Melanogrammus aeglefinus, family Gadidae
- But if you can't find the best cod, then use chunky hake, haddock or sea bass fillets instead.
- Remove the skin from the smoked haddock and place the fish in a lightly buttered baking dish.
- My huge bowl contained large, moist chunks of tangy smoked haddock and other white fish in a delicious creamy sauce.
Words that rhyme with haddockCaradoc, paddock, shaddock
Definition of haddock in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.