noun (plural same)
A silvery-gray bottom-dwelling fish of North Atlantic coastal waters, related to the cod. It is popular as a food fish and is of great commercial value.
- Melanogrammus aeglefinus, family Gadidae
More example sentences
- But if you can't find the best cod, then use chunky hake, haddock or sea bass fillets instead.
- Remove the skin from the smoked haddock and place the fish in a lightly buttered baking dish.
- My huge bowl contained large, moist chunks of tangy smoked haddock and other white fish in a delicious creamy sauce.
Definition of haddock in:
- The British & World English dictionary