Definition of hadrosaur in English:
A large, herbivorous, mainly bipedal dinosaur of the middle to late Cretaceous period, with jaws flattened like the bill of a duck. Also called duck-billed dinosaur.
- Family Hadrosauridae, infraorder Ornithopoda, order Ornithischia
- There is a parallel here with the hadrosaur and ceratopsian dinosaurs of the Late Cretaceous.
- The ornithopods included the hadrosaurs or duck-billed dinosaurs, in which the front of the mouth was enlarged to form a broad flat beak and a variety of bony crests were developed on top of the head.
- The Ornithopoda included the hadrosaurs, the iguanodontids, the heterodontosaurs, the hypsilophodontids, and various other dinosaurs.
- Example sentences
- This particular accumulation of ceratopsian and hadrosaurian bones is thought to represent a mass mortality event: possibly a herd was concentrated around a drying watering hole during a severe drought in the area.
- The hadrosaurian down-flex in the spinal column has been smoothed out.
- However, comparison of the specimens with dinosaur skin shows that a similar integumentary morphology has previously been documented in hadrosaurian dinosaurs.
Definition of hadrosaur in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.