- A Muslim who knows the Koran by heart.More example sentences
- Reciting Quranic verses from memory just like a hafiz, the doctor says that there are many verses in the Quran which bring relief to pain.
- The completion of the Qur'an is indeed an act of great merit and virtue and the hafiz may be congratulated for that.
- Committing the Qur'an to memory acted as a great aid for its preservation and any person who is able to accomplish this is known as a hafiz.
Persian, from Arabic ḥāfiẓ 'guardian', from ḥāfiẓa 'guard, know by heart'.
More definitions of hafizDefinition of hafiz in:
- The British & World English dictionary