- A pellet of hail.More example sentences
- While hailstones are ice, hail is mostly a summer phenomena because the strong thunderstorms needed to produce hail are much more common during warm weather.
- Showers of sleet, snow and hailstones will continue up to the weekend but there will be clear spells with the possibility of sunshine breaking through in the latter half of the week.
- Hail showers are quite common over the British Isles in westerly and northerly airstreams in spring, but really large hailstones tend to occur in the south and are very much a feature of Summer months.
More definitions of hailstoneDefinition of hailstone in:
- The British & World English dictionary