- Stiff cloth woven with a cotton or linen warp and horsehair weft.More example sentences
- Less tightly-woven haircloth provided stiffening for the lapels and coat-tails of European dandies.
- And she wore haircloth upon her loins, and fasted all the days of her life, except the sabbaths, and new moons, and the feasts of the house of Israel.
- Very early on, Christians began using haircloth as an instrument of self-torture by wearing it directly against the skin, which rapidly would be rubbed raw.
More definitions of hairclothDefinition of haircloth in:
- The British & World English dictionary