- 1A US or Canadian coin worth fifty cents.More example sentences
- Looks like he's already on a dime, or maybe a quarter, or maybe a shiny new half dollar.
- And any crack or hole in the road or sidewalk bigger than a Kennedy half dollar is liable to make the rider go ‘boom.’
- To which old man replied, as if he had been saying the same thing since our half dollar's conception
- 1.1The sum of fifty cents.More example sentences
- Nebbie was worth a half dollar; you're just a penny, and an empire worth much more than you and having two components is up next.
- The quarter eagles were each to be of the value of two dollars and a half dollar, and to contain sixty-one grains and seven eighths of a grain of pure, or sixty-seven grains and four eighths of a grain of standard gold.