Definition of half dollar in English:
1A US or Canadian coin worth fifty cents.
- Looks like he's already on a dime, or maybe a quarter, or maybe a shiny new half dollar.
- And any crack or hole in the road or sidewalk bigger than a Kennedy half dollar is liable to make the rider go ‘boom.’
- To which old man replied, as if he had been saying the same thing since our half dollar's conception
1.1The sum of fifty cents.
- Nebbie was worth a half dollar; you're just a penny, and an empire worth much more than you and having two components is up next.
- The quarter eagles were each to be of the value of two dollars and a half dollar, and to contain sixty-one grains and seven eighths of a grain of pure, or sixty-seven grains and four eighths of a grain of standard gold.
Definition of half dollar in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan