- A binary compound of a halogen with another element or group.More example sentences
- In elimination reactions, larger molecules expel smaller molecules like water, hydrogen halides, carbon dioxide and other diatomic gases to form new substances.
- The halides all contain halogen elements, such as chlorine and fluorine.
- In covalent halides, such as carbon tetrachloride, the bonding electrons are localized in the carbon-chlorine bonds of the individual molecules.
More definitions of halideDefinition of halide in:
- The British & World English dictionary