- The tendency for an impression created in one area to influence opinion in another area: the convertible furnishes a sporty image and provides a halo effect for other cars in the showroomsMore example sentences
- Though $100 million in sales is nothing to sneeze at, Adams said the Hemingway program also has created a halo effect over the entire Thomasville brand.
- The halo effect can influence hiring decisions.
- And while that's a narrow niche, it may have created a halo effect that has enhanced its image with mainstream consumers.
More definitions of halo effectDefinition of halo effect in:
- The British & World English dictionary