Definition of halothane in English:
A volatile synthetic organic compound used as a general anesthetic.
- Chemical formula: CF3CHBrCl
- With the airway thus controlled nitrous oxide, halothane, and oxygen are given in proper concentrations.
- We have used a coarse-grain model to explore the properties of a model membrane in the presence of the volatile anesthetic halothane by performing extensive molecular dynamics simulations.
- We examined the effects of two popular volatile anesthetics, halothane and sevoflurane, on laryngeal C-fiber responsiveness in urethane-anesthetized guinea pigs.
Definition of halothane in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.